| || |
|What's New In Version 1.3?|
|List is in order of remembrance (NOT importance). |
- Player models added! (Some are pretty funny). Select one in Multiplayer/Customize
- Maps added: Landing, Tunnel, Space Monkeys
- Maps tweaked (Don't expect any major changes) - Stadium1, SvenCoop1, SvenC2, Helebat, Helebat2, GargHnt2, Horde, Nightc15
- Readme updated, WhatsNew added.
- Console font altered, new console background, new menu background.
- Skill.cfg tweaked.
- Hundreds (well around 90) of CFGs added for HL SP maps, to help make the Half-Life Single-Player game more playable (e.g. likely weapons given to players at the start of each map).
- Gamespy tab included in mod directory ( svencoop.qst ).
- Single-player game more challenging (can be made easier/harder, see FAQ for info).
- Suicide, drop deapon and radio commands added to control setup.
- Stuff that I've forgotten about, or that isn't worth mentioning.
- Map transitions generally work now! There're still some bugs, though... hopefully to be fixed in an upcoming patch.
- Radio voices added! (bind keys to radio commands in control config). Servers/maps can use either Scientist or Grunt voices (or disable radio).
- Grunts and Barneys no longer drop weapons. Fixes thousands-of-weapons thing.
- (Almost) all monster corpses fade.
- Less player corpses to help to keep frame-rate up.
- "Door Fix" added (tiny fix for looping door sounds, taken from a Wavelength tutorial).
- Map CFGs added. Individual maps can now have different settings.
- Stuff such as Flashlight, Timelimit, Realistic Falling Damage and various physics stuff can be set in map CFGs.
- Weapons changed to be more SP-ish (gauss jump can be re-enabled in map CFGs).
- Skill level can be set in map CFGs (1=Normal, 2=Monsters harder to kill, 3=Monsters harder to kill and players easier to kill).
- Player starting weapons and ammo can now be set in map CFG (including no weapons/ammo).
- Can give longjump module or take away suit in map CFG.
- Anti-telemerging feature for single-player maps (players can fly through each other/etc. for 1.5 secs after respawning). Can be enabled in map CFG (off by default).
- Players get frags for killing monsters, and minus frags for killing scientists/Barneys. Can be disabled in map CFGs.
- Team damage removed (No more server ops killing people with Egon as soon as they join).
- Cheats removed (No more crashing servers with /give commands).
- Trigger_loadsaved-s restart the map (better system will be worked out later).
- Obituaries (death messages) changed/added.
- Player IDs didn't work out, I'm afraid :/. Hopefully in later version.
- Description changed, so GameSpy tab is now possible, etc.
- Use "Drop" to throw current weapon (can bind in control config)
- Monster dancing added. Monsters start dancing when nobody's looking. If you look around quickly enough, you might see them! Can be disabled with mp_monsterdance 0.
- Domestic iceburg-related accidents reduced by 17.5%.
- Monster dancing removed. Monsters got so busy dancing that they didn't want to fight anymore. Dancing code to be used in the upcoming SvenDance-A-Thon mod, currently being developed for both Half-Life and Wolf3D (big bug in the func_foxtrot entity at the moment, mod may be delayed for quite some time).
- Code added that allows Sven Co-op team members to give electric shocks to players whom they do not like.
- Above four list items found to be bogus.
- Other stuff that I forgot, or didn't know about in the first place.