Submit a Map
Support the Mod
|v4.6 Beta Linux Server Released, Current v4.7 Changelog|
21 July, 2012 | by Sniper
After many years, we've finally gotten our Linux development back in order. Our last Linux release was for Sven Co-op v1.9 — that was just over 11 years ago. I'd like to personally thank edman747, Carlos "Joropito" Sola and David "Kane" Kraeutmann, our Linux development team. They helped us retrofit Sven Co-op's codebase to make this release a reality. Things to consider:
- This is only a beta release of our Linux server files. We'd appreciate any feedback.
- The Linux operating system is case-sensitive, and the Half-Life engine doesn't recognize this. As a result, you may need to re-verify any resource (.res file) filename entries for your players.
If you have any questions, feel free to post in the Server Hole on the forums.
In other news, progress has been continuing on the v4.7 update. We've been doing some much needed tidying up; this will be a fairly large patch.
Current v4.7 Changelog
- Border-less window mode -- enable this with r_borderless 1 (also in advanced options).
- Linux server binary -- 100% native!
- Fixed a bug located in the Half-Life physics engine which caused func_rotating entities to stop rotating.
- Maps will need to have resource file names in the correct case or the Linux server will not find them and crash.
- On-line donor/staff ID look-up, so new donors can enjoy our thank you features much sooner.
- Player spawn points are now selected at random (from those that are active) with no spawn-fragging.
- Added obey trigger mode property to func_train.
- All item_ entities use a specific hull size very close to the default model size rather than a big too big, fixes items disappearing inside walls.
- Blood splat scale reduced.
- Cheat commmands:
- If sv_cheats is 2 only server administrators can use cheat commands. Designed for map authors to test their map with others in a controlled way. Players can always check who cheats are available to if they care.
- NEW: healme heals your health to the map defined limit.
- NEW: chargeme charges your HEV battery to the map defined limit.
- reviveme can no longer be used if you're alive.
- Client commmands:
- mapinfo formatting improved, also shows who can use cheats (off, on, or administrators only).
- NEW: myinfo displays your target name and model, this will be expanded to show more properties about you in the future.
- Client will show an error message if the game is NOT using the OpenGL renderer.
- Default maximum viewing distance increased from 8,192 units to 32,768 units.
- Fixed a ton of possible crashes/freeses caused by buffer overflows and memory leaks across the entire game.
- Fixed administrator list file requiring a new line after the last entry in the list.
- Fixed crash during gun fire if players had mp_decals set to 0.
- Fixed env_blood shooting white particles when red blood was specified.
- Fixed func_tank eye positions, so it will work properly as the tank rotates.
- Fixed func_train dealing crush damage every frame.
- Fixed maps with names longer than 23 characters causing a buffer overrun (32 characters is still the limit as dictated by the GoldSrc engine).
- Fixed momentary_rot_button not obeying a master entity.
- Fixed possible crash with the squadmaker render override.
- Fixed server lag from players having their donor/staff/administrator levels looked up every time they spawn or use a donor feature.
- Fixed trigger_changevalue not setting hull sizes correctly (passes new size to the engine).
- Gibs no longer use the reliable network channel, and move slower.
- Log formatting cleaned up:
- Entity names.
- NoAuthID instead of NoWonID.
- players instead of team1.
- mp_pcbalancing description improved.
- mp_pcbalancing_factorlist now has a default setting.
- mp_pcbalancing_factorlist will no longer print on map load, unless developer is at least 2.
- Replaced warning "Master was null or not a master!" to specify if it existed or not, can't be used as a master or not, and the attempted name used.
- Server administrator list count is now unlimited, and will consume much less memory for servers with under 256 entries.
- Skill configuration will no longer print on map load, unless developer is at least 2.
- Spawn point hanlding:
- Spawn points are now chosen at random from any active point.
- Collission detection to prevent spawn-fragging.
- Only 1 type of spawn point entity will be used, depending on what is active at the time: _deathmatch then _dm2
- If no _deathmatch or _dm2 spawn point can be used, a _coop or _start point is used.
- If none of the spawn points can be used, players are made to wait until one is available.
- trigger_changemodel now pre-caches the model it needs.
- trigger_changemodel now supports !activator and !caller references.
- trigger_changemodel now supports changing player models, and remembers the player choice for when the map changes.
- trigger_load/trigger_save can load/save more data.
- trigger_load can now load entities from alternative file names.
- trigger_once can no longer be used repeatedly with the on enter and on exit flags.
- ambient_generic can now play a sound to an individual client at their position, using flag user only (64).
- env_sound think delay reduced, so players are more likely to receive their effect.
- FMODEx initalization code cleaned up vastly.
- FMODEx library no longer needs to be in the half-life folder, it is now loaded from the mod folder.
- FMODEx library updated to 4.40.03
- Improved enviroment sound effects.
- Increased sound limit from 2,048 to 4,096.
- Pretty much every sound is now handled by FMODEx, only exception is explosions.
- Revolutionized speech sentence handling:
- All sentences are now handled server side.
- Clients play sentences through FMODEx.
- Custom sentence file can now be specified in the map configuration or map properties.
- Doors can now use custom sentences (locked/unlocked voices).
- Fixed attenuation value of 0 not playing a sentence everywhere.
- Improved lip sync code for human NPC's, fixes gaping mouth problem.
- Increased sentence limit from 1,536 to 2,048.
- Increased sentences group limit from 384 to 512.
- Increased sentences per group limit from 32 to 64.
- SCRIPT_EVENT_SOUND_VOICE: Sounds which start with a '*' (specified inside many Half-Life models) are now played on CHAN_STREAM rather than CHAN_VOICE for full compatibility with the old Half-Life sound engine.
- Sentences are now case insensitive.
- Sentences can now be in alternative formats if a WAV file is not found (in order): MP3; MP2; OGG; OGA; FLAC; WMA; AAC; FSB
- Alien grunts should no longer stare into space after being teleported in by Tor.
- Barnacle tongue now drops 50% faster.
- Furniture will no longer show monster info.
- Male assassins' flying kick angle fixed.
- Tor's cannon sound radius is smaller.
- Tor's threat animation fixed.
- Xen plant lights now implement classifications, and will only hide from enemy classes. They are alien passive by default.
- Fixed Barnacle grapple still latching on to dead and disconnected players.
- Fixed Barnacle grapple reducing player velocity if they were grappling downwards.
- Fixed player medkit not being able to heal if there is less than 10 points left.
- All: Difficulty no longer limited to easy.
- All: Improved level changing behaviour.
- All: Text messages raised away from the crosshair.
- All: Time limit is now 60 minutes.
- Part 3: Next level is now the bonus mission, ending text message adapted.
- Bonus: Changed ending text message to "Mission complete".
- Made it much more difficult for the Gargantua to block the teleporter exit in the boss room.
- Moved teleporter exit in the boss room up along with fall damage compensation.
Black Mesa EPF
- Dual Uzi's allowed to account for increased map difficulty.
- Fixed a Barney spawning as friendly.
- Fixed air strikes happening constantly.
- Fixed air strikes happening the same time as grunts spawn.
- Fixed aliens spawning endlessly.
- Fixed players being able to skip the lasers.
- Fixed solid corpse blocking players in downstairs warehouse on Mission 2, next to voltigore.
- Fixed corpse being a target for monsters'.
- Laser puzzle easier.
- Map difficulty increased.
- Map time limit is now 99 minutes.
- Moved light from above ladder to doorway. Mission 4, just before they push the button to extend bridge.
- Optimized model count.
- Random monsters now spawn less frequently.
- Security guards room (behind reception desk) had door which opened upwards, making extend through floor. Now opens downwards.
- Slowed down alien spawns.
- Varied grunt drops.
- All of series 2 and 3: All maps have AAATRIGGER textures replaced for NULL to improve rendering performance.
- 2A: Fixed players being able to activate the camera sequence using the coded panel more than once.
- 2A: Fixed players being able to jump through the horizonal lasers if many of them piled through quickly enough.
- 2B: Fixed a single player being able to activate the dual-player buttons after the large slime pit / pipe crawling.
- 2C: Added clip brush in the base of the rail gauge to prevent you falling through to the void.
- 2C: Fixed NULL texture on the corner sections of the rail gauge.
- 2D: Fixed door gates being blockable by players.
- 3B: Fixed short time slot of no spawn points being available after the barnacle water cavern (caused you to spawn at 0,0,0).
- 3C: Fixed getting stuck in a crate at the start.
- 3C: Fixed NULL texture around the brown water during the hallucination.
- 3D: Fixed possibility of spawning inside a control panel in the giant elevator shaft.
- 3D/E: Normalized all of Barney's speech sounds to fix his fully open mouth, processed out the rumbles and popping too.
- 3E: Fixed rendering glitch through the first door.
- 3E: Fixed batteries getting stuck on the floor by making them liftable.
- 3E: Fixed possibility of getting stuck behind the generator, there are now small crates to climb on to get out.
- 3E: Re-built the train so it should be impossible to break into segments in a comical fashion.
- 3E: Fixed rendering glitch through the first door.
- 3E: Fixed rendering glitch through the first door.
- C0A0C/C0A0D: Removed display name for the Loader robot.
- C0A0C: Fixed tram doors moving the wrong direction.
- C1A1: Dead grunts that should have been holding a gun now do, and those that shouldn't have now don't.
- C1A1: Fixed angle and body on the Military suit item to match the original game.
- C1A1: Time limit is 60 minutes for consistency with other maps.
- C1A1F: Fixed dangling scientist falling too soon / disappearing (over the tram stop).
- C1A3A: Fixed soldiers using Opposing Force chat.
- C1A6: The commander now has the correct model.
- C2A4B: Fixed invisible brush blocking players.
- C2A4C: Fixed chomper sometimes going out of sync by not doing enough damage.
- C2A4C: Restored the 6 barnacles above the slime pit.
- C2A4E: Fixed zap machine killing players after it has shut down.
- C2A5A: Fixed being able to slide down 2 giant vertical pipes.
- C2A5F: Fixed becoming stuck behind some broken wall.
- C2A5G: Fixed grunts already being dead behind the car in which a Gargantua pushes to crush them against the car park wall.
- C2A5G: Voltigore can no longer use bounce pads.
- C3A1B: Fixed medic and grunt staring at the walls.
- C3A2C: Fixed getting stuck inside a valve.
- C4A1B: Fixed players being able to climb up into the sky.
- C4A1C/C4A1D/C4A1E/C4A1F: Added map change sprite.
Half-Life: Opposing Force campaign
- OF1A2: Alien grunts replaced for alien slaves.
- OF1A4B: Removed display name for the Loader robot.
- OF1A6: Added crowbar (knife) to map configuration.
- OF2A4: Added crowbar (knife) to map configuration.
- OF2A2: Added sky name.
- OF2A2: Added sparks in the electrified water.
- OF2A2: Fixed soldier positions during their sequence.
- OF2A2: Anti-rush for the elevator.
- OF2A3: Map merged into OF2A2.
- OF3A5/OF5A4: Added map change sprite.
- OF5A1: Blocked a hole.
- OF5A2: Blocked a hole.
- OF4A2: Lift doors now crush obstructions properly.
- OF6A2: Blocked a hole.
- OF6A3: Blocked a hole.
Half-Life: Uplink campaign
- Fixed finale always changing to map C1A0 instead of the servers' next map.
- Part 2: Prevented subway exit door being closed with +use.
- Fixed game not ending when the point man respawns.
- Fixed text messages.
- Player "the jumper" is now referred to as the "Point Man".
- Map resource files included.
- New songs.
- Fixed floating battery by moving it on the floor.
New Hope's Last Stand
- Part 3: Barrels in the crystal crusher room are no longer stuck.
- Part 3: Fixed cave teleporters not working (couldn't change map).
- Part 4: Fixed a bunch of null textures.
- Part 4: Fixed Ion cannon not killing everything it should.
- Part 4: Fixed robot generator pushing players away before it has even been built.
- Part 4: Fixed Voltigores getting stuck on spawn.
- Added diagonal building brush to stop you getting stuck on the building down a cliff (just ahead of the start).
- Part 2: Room after the penis portal: Added collapsed table to break up the dodgy clip nodes.
- Added blip sound to text messages to ensure they get noticed.
- Added sprites to show which bombs have been destroyed already on the map.
- All text messages moved away from the crosshair.
- All grunts are named "Terrorist Guard" or "Terrorist Sniper".
- Allied NPC's can now be hurt by players.
- Allied NPC's now spawn-frag things in their way.
- Boss grunts are named "Terrorist Elite Guard" and are tougher.
- Boss spawns using the bodyguard class, with akimbo Uzi's.
- Difficulty no longer limited to easy.
- Fixed ambient sounds not playing.
- Fixed bad lighting compile (incorrect shadows).
- Fixed being able to get stuck in the mounted machine guns.
- Fixed boss sequence taking so long.
- Fixed engineer sometimes getting stuck up narrow steps.
- Fixed delayed flight of the extraction Apache.
- Fixed grunt doors opening the wrong way.
- Fixed grunts facing the wrong way when they come out of doors.
- Fixed grunts not spawning with their relative bomb area, and stopped them spawning when the bomb is destroyed.
- If the player count is >10 grunts spawn more often, and a tough grunt (sniper or heavy) will spawn somewhere every minute.
- New fancy sky map.
- Tweaked spawn point positions as one would sometimes spawn you inside a crate.
- Added 2 more batteries to the hidden section at the start so 2 players can fully charge.
- Fixed explosive barrels in the canal area from being stuck in the ground.
- Fixed path names for some sprites to be compatible with the Linux server binary (case sensitive).
They Hunger campaign
- They15: Fixed zombies walking though doors to scientists.
- Difficulty re-balanced.
- Difficulty toughened for XP mod servers.
- Decreased wrench damage.
- Entering the ceiling tunnels as a ghost now pushes you out rather than kills the player.
- Fixed being able to lose the map after winning.
- Fixed monster spawn frequencies not being set.
- Fixed some spore plant positions.
- Fixed vote messages.
- Improved ending sequence.
- Improved life system.
- Increased delay before difficulty can be selected.
- Removed some assault rifle grenades.
- Tor spawns with a sprite.
- Added sprite on the blue Turret System screen instructing players how to activate the defence turrets, as you all still don't get how this works after 10 damn years...
- Fixed 3 bottomless pits not killing anything (1 in the cave by the start voltigore, 2 in the pipes area).
- Fixed being able to get stuck in some places in the pipes area.
- Fixed being able to skip past the steam after the pipes area with high health from an XP modification.
- Fixed powerful laser not shutting off when it destroys the wall.
- Prevented players from climbing onto the roof and into the sky when leaving the reception area.
- All low definition Valve HLDM models now have a dm_ prefix.
- All high definition remakes of HLDM models don't have a dm_ prefix.
- Player command menu updated with all the current model choices.
- Body guard now has correct animations/sequences for Minigun.
- HW Grunt has a new model from Rusty.
- New high quality voice recordings by Joshua Polito in OGG format.
- Added new blip sound for mappers to use, works well with text messages using the scan out effect.
- Loader robot no longer complains about missing wood2.wav.
- Loads of tweaks to the FGD (size/colour changes).
- Manual credits now links to forum profiles for many more people.
- Removed redundant sentences file.
Sven Co-op v4.7 will also have Linux support on the day of release. We will continue to support Linux in the future.
If you have any questions on some of the new changes, feel free to post in the forums and we'll try to answer them.
Have a great weekend!